Monday, June 1, 2009

My first post= Deep Fried Pickles and Jones soda



On my mom's last birthday we went out to one of our local steak houses. This particular restaurant my daughter likes to call "the pigs and the peanuts" because of the large statue of a pig out side and the fact that they let you throw peanut shells on the floor. Anywhoo, my dad suggested we order deep fried pickles as an appetizer. Now, I like, maybe even LOVE pickles but was hesitant to try them cooked deep fried but they turned out to be really good! I had forgotten about them until one night this past week my husband and I were watching Deep Fried Paradise and one of the restaurants' claim to fame was deep fried pickles! I immediately decided I was making them and I was going to do it soon! So today was the day! I will say that I enjoyed mine with some Jones soda and it was wonderful!

Deep Fried Pickles

ingredients:
1. pickles of your choice (I used kosher pickles spears)
2. 2 eggs
3.1 cup flour
4. 2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian seasoned)

Heat oil to 375. Mix together eggs, flour, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Place pickles in bowl with batter (I cut up my pickle spears to make smaller) and stir until pickles are well covered. Place pickles in oil and cook until they rise to the top. Place on paper towel to drain and cool then enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Pig and Peanuts has deep fried pickles? I didn't know that! ewwwww

    ::shudder::

    ReplyDelete