Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

Today I went to a baby shower for my husbands cousin. My sister-in-law is a pretty awesome cake decorator and she made the cake. Actually, she made two, one was a "joke" cake. Both cakes were one's with the "baby belly" on them only one cake actually had a baby in it. She took a toy baby and put it in a balloon filled with water and covered it with fondant so that when they had the guest of honor cut into it her "water broke" and she "delivered" the baby. She thought it was pretty funny, my four year old little girl however, was scared to death! The look on her face was absolutly priceless when my husband's cousin took the baby out of the middle of the belly and squeezed the water out of it. Here are some pictures I got from my husband's aunt's myspace :)


Real Cake & Joke Cake



Cuting into the cake




































1 comment:

  1. As much as these belly cakes freak me out those look really well done.
    But I would have been freaked out right along with the kiddo.

    ReplyDelete