Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Pt 2


Every year at Father's Day I have no idea what to get my dad. Sure he'd be happy with a gift card for any of the home improvement stores in the area but I just didn't want to get him the same thing I did every year. This year it hit me: OATMEAL PIE! My dad LOVES my grandma's oatmeal pie. Grandma rarely makes it any more . My aunt teases my dad by telling him she only ever gets to eat it when my grandma knows my dad is coming over. When Ruthie and I took it over to him he was beaming, especially when I told him it was grandma's recipe!
Grandma Ferguson's Oatmeal Pie
Ingrediants:
1. 3/4 c Quick Oatmeal
2. 3/4 c sugar
3. 1 stick butter
4. 2 beaten eggs
5. 3/4 c maple or pancake syrup
6. 1/4 c pecans (I left these out)
*to fill pie shell sometimes it's better to use one and one half times ingrediants (I just doubled it)
Preheat oven to 350
Mix syrup and oats. Melt butter, then add to sugar and oat mixture. Add eggs and mix well. Pour into unbaked 9" pie shell. Bake on middle shelf about 30-45 minutes. (I baked for at least 50 minutes, it took a little longer since I doubled the ingrediants)

1 comment: