Saturday, June 4, 2011

May Books

So I really dropped the ball this month. I only actually started and finished three books so I'll include the others I started but didn't finish as well. Beginning with the ones I completed.

The Replacement- Brenna Yovanoff
I really liked this book. If you've heard of the Changeling in some folklore you know that there were stories of children who were taken in the night and replaced with another child sometimes not human. In this story a human child was taken in the night by undead creatures who lived under the city that used the human children for sacrifce. Most of the time these Changeling children did not live much longer after they were switched except in the case with the main character.

Wanted- Sara Shepard
This is the last in the Pretty Little Liars series. I really enjoyed this series until this last book. It started out fine but when it starts piecing together the clues from all the other books it seems like the author wasn't sure how to connect them so they pulled out the secret twin bit.

The Customer Is Always Wrong- Jeff Martin
I liked this book, I have never worked in retail but have worked with the public since I was 16 so I have had my fair (sometimes unfair) share of awful customers. Currently working in a DMV I deal with this on a daily basis. What I liked most is that the authors of all the essays in the book were authors or journalists who worked in retail before coming into the jobs they have now.

Books I started but did not finish.

The Coke Machine- Michael Blanding
At first I was interested and read a good chunk of the story behind Coke's beginning as a medicine but when it got to the part where the company changed hands it got kind of boring.

Water Wars- Cameron Stracher
I tried to like this book, I really did. It just wasn't what I wanted to be reading at the time. I would like to go back sometime and finish it but my checkout time on my Nook expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment